Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Painted Dresser, Dandelion vinyl on the wall, and a free border flourish svg

This is my mothers dresser she has had since she was little and she had decided it was time to get rid of it.  I couldn't bare to let it go, but I didn't like the color and it was badly scratched from all the years of use.  So I decided to paint it and put it in my dining room to hold candles, table linens, etc. The handles have 2 inch holes and as much as I wanted to replace them, I couldn't find any with 2 inch (and I really didn't want to fill) so I painted them the slate gray and thought I'd put vinyl around the handles.  Well, I made a few swirls in inkscape, but I didn't like the vinyl around the handles, so that leads to today's freebie svg.


PSI_Swirls svg link
I think they will still be great for scrapping or on a card.  Next I thought maybe a large image - like a dandelion blowing would look nice.  Tried it, didn't like it, but not wanting to waist a cut image (its cut at 20 inches tall so it was a good chunk of vinyl), I put it on the wall:


So for now I think I will leave the dresser plain and keep looking for some older 2 inch handles.  Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Jael said...

LOVE the dresser! The color is great! Nice work! The Dandelion is great too...

Anonymous said...

I have a hope chest from my mom and I think I will give it a new life as you did with your dresser. Thanks for sharing!
linda

Diane said...

I think the dresser looks much better painted. Good call! Thank you for the svgs.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a transformation!
Evelyn