Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Cards and Mixed Media Mini Canvas

Time to send out the Easter cards! 

 I have two styles I'm sending out this year.  The bunny one was done using a Stampin' Up stamp (the stamp is retired, but the digital stamp can still be purchased from their web site), the grass is from Plantin schoolbook (cut at 1 inch).  The second card was done using a really pretty stamp I found in my friends stamp room :)  I stamped it once on Kraft, colored with colored pencils, then stamped again on white cardstock and cut out the flowers to pop up on mounting tape.  I made about 10 of these ones and all that traditional hand cutting made me appreciate my cameo/cricut.

My other project was a mixed media mini canvas (4 x 4).  I've had that blank canvas sitting around for years, it was good to finally get something on it.  It was an excuse to use my new Faber Castell Gelato pens - oooh ahhh.   The leaves were cut with a sizzix die from dictionary paper, I used a music sheet for the background, the nest is another stamp I found in my friends stamp room, and spring letters are a die that I have also had for years and never used.



Thanks for looking!

No comments: