Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cricut Paper Dolls Pirate Name Frames



My boys love all the pirate stuff on Cricut paper dolls cart so I decided to use it to make name frames for their room. Frames were from Micheals, they came already matted for the great price of $3 each. I used regular scrapbook paper for the backgrounds, Carsten is "parchment" and Andys is a map (CTMH). Most items were cut at 3 inches. The fonts were not done with the cricut, I used SCAL for Carstens and for Andys I just used PE6. I used sandpaper on the edges and small rope on Andys, no I wish I would have done that with Carstens, but oh well.....They were fairly quick to make and the boys love them, I let them pick out colors and what kind of things from the cartridge would go on each frame - getting a decisions out of two 4 year olds does take some work, but it was a team effort that all and all went pretty good. Thanks for looking.
The font on Andy's is Pieces of Eight, it is free on dafont.com

No comments: