Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cricut borders and decorative scissors




I love the look of decorative scissors but I can never use them right. I guess I can't cut a straight line. I was in Joanns the other day and saw a package of precut borders, and thought...I can do that! I started with some that match scissors I like (using GEORGE cartridge), then my new Home Accents cartridge came and filled in the rest of the page! I've put each one at a different "inch" so that you can just lay down a one by 12 inch strip of the paper you wish to cut. Some of them go over the edge of the cut zone, I wanted to make them as long as possible so that I can use them whole for scrapbook pages or cut them down for cards. Pretty cool huh? My file is below. I also have 2 cards below that have borders on them from this file (next posts down)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Tam on the Rocks said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to use some of these. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love borders too! Thanks so much for sharing.

Amanda said...

these are great thank you, i am having problems with the fancy fibre one, when i open it i get a big red x not sure if its just me and my machine?
i could never get those scissors to work and i always wanted them to, i had such high hopes lol

Carol said...

Really cute and very useful; thank you! Love your blog by the way; fun and creative!

Anonymous said...

really pretty .. thanks for sharing the file TraceyUK

Anonymous said...

Wow, your designs are just great

Anonymous said...

Love it, thanks for sharing

Monica said...

This is awesome! Thank you!

--sme said...

These are wonderful! THANK YOU!