Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cricut Gift Card Holder swap



I joined a cricut gift card holder swap at the beginning of the month and finally got around to doing it today. I've been a bit cupcake crazy in my card making lately so I thought it appropriate to make the gift card holder a cupcake too. As per swap rules, I will not be posting the cut file until after the swap ends. I made it with George and it is baby bug compatible. Due to the odd size, I included an envelope in the file. I used Stampin UP! stamps for the front of the envelope and for both verses (all three are from the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set), the little cupcake is from another set, which I use all the time, but can't remember the name of. Thanks for looking, if you would like the file, please check back after the 1st.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uj4cnmm2n0x/Georgecupcakegch.cut


UPDATE : JULY 11, 2013
The above file was created long ago when the Design Studio software came out.  That software is no longer available since pc now has a free online software to use instead.  If you had the old software and george basic shapes cartridge, then the link is still working and you can download it to your computer.  

For those needing a cupcake giftcard holder SVG I have also made that available... one for the cupcake, one for the 5 x 5 envelope it will fit in.  You can download those here:

Cupcake gc holder SVG file


Cupcake gc 5 x 5 envelope SVG


For those of you with a Silhouette, you can download silhouette files here:

Cupcake gc holder Silhouette Studio file

Cupcake gc holder 5 x 5 envelope for silhouette studio

If you have a cricut but no software, then you can sign up FREE with  Cricut Craftroom and hook you circut to your computer.  I loaned my cricut to a friend but as soon as it comes back I will make a file for the craftroom available.

ENJOY!

24 comments:

Susan Edwards said...

I love your cupcake gift card holder. It is just so cute, so yummy, so fun!! Great job!

Froggy said...

ADORABLE!!! I have been into cupcake stuff to lately so this just is the icing on the cupcake for me! I can't wait to get the cutfile and make one to hang in my scrap area! LOL! Amazing job!

Anonymous said...

That's adorable! I can't wait until you post the cut file.

~Marina

Tonya said...

This is so adorable! I love it!

Can't wait for the cut file...

Great job!

Melinda Ford said...

This is SO cute! You inspired me to make a guitar gift card holder for my nephew. http://mellysgang.blogspot.com/2009/01/guitar-card.html
That's the link if you want to see it. TFS!!!

Donawanda said...

This is an amazing gift card holder. I can't wait for you to share the cut file. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Cute Shirley! You should submit this for publication!

ann hunting said...

I just have to say that this is the cutest card ever!

Anonymous said...

What a great gift card holder....I can't wait to get the cut file and start using it...

Carol

Anonymous said...

Super Cute! TFS

Monica said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Thank youf or sharing your file!

kimmik said...

Thank you for sharing your great creativity! It great people like you who share that make others like me look much more talented. Altough...I do credit the people that I find these gems from. I know I'll get lots of great comments for this! Thank you again for being such a wonderful SHARING and caring person!

Cindy said...

I have a friend who loves cupcakes. Her birthday is coming up and I'm not sure if she'll love the giftcard or the holder more. Thanks for the file/

MarthaTheCakeLady said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS! I just cut my first card with it! I am actually going to use it as a card - like a trifold sort of... THANKS so much for sharing your wonderful work!

cal8007 said...

What a great file! Thanks for sharing.

Carmen

It's Jenn! said...

Thanks so much for this. It is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!

Jamie H. said...

Help! I can't open this, but would love to make this!! It's adorable!

Annie said...

Thanks! I will use this a lot!

--sme said...

cute cute cute!!! TFS!

Mel said...

Hi
What a fantastic design - is there any chance that we could get / purchase the cut file please

Mary Decker said...

Very adorable. Thanks for taking the time to help us make them, too! You are kind.

Gma Scrap said...

My friend and I are a little late to the game here but so glad we found your blog. I was trying to download this cut sheet for her and I can't seem to make it work. I have the Corel Paint program and I downloaded the cupcake sheet to my computer, but I can't get the sheet to open. Any help will be appreciated!
http://www.paperscissorsinc.com/2009/01/cricut-gift-card-holder-swap.html

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! I've been a Cricut user for a hundred years but haven't used any digital files - can you explain how to use this file? Tx Joyce

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the card!! I've been a Cricut user for a hundred years but have never used a digital file. Can you explain what to do to cut this card out?

Tx
Joyce