Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pop Up Ghost Halloween Card



This weeks Splitcoast tutorial was on making these cute little free standing pop up cards. When I read it this morning, it was rainy and dark out - definitely FALL - so naturally that means its time to start on Halloween cards. My pop up had to be a tombstone. I used Cricut and DS to make the base, although it can be made easily without a cricut using the SCS tutorial:
www.splitcoaststampers.com/news/comments.php?id=761_0_1_0_C
The ghost is from Paper dolls, cut at 4 inches. I have it on the .cut file, but it didn't cut for some reason. I'd be curious to know if anyone else can get it to cut using the file. I just updated the version, so maybe it had something to do with that. I glued a piece of black cardstock behind the letters and then added brads to make sure it was secure. There is sponged black ink on EVERYTHING for aging. The Happy Halloween is from the new SU rub-on pack Chills & Thrills. This was a fun card to make, thanks Mary Jo Albright for the tutorial and inspiration.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Very cute card!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card. I love Halloween

Becky said...

This is too cute! I'm going to have to try this!

Mary Jean said...

So cute! Thanks so much for the file!