Tuesday, January 26, 2010

LOVE : recycling those stamp blocks!



I've started unmounting my stamps to save some room. The problem is that I can't bare to throw away perfectly good blocks. So, I guess I didn't really save any room, just rearranged a bit. Here are some I did yesterday to set out for Valentines. For my unmounting I'm zapping the stamps in the microwave for about 12 seconds, pealing off the rubber/foam, pealing the sticker, putting the sticker onto the foam, then putting a thin coat of Aleens tack it over and over on the sticker and storing in cd cases. Not perfect, but Aleens at Micheals is about $3 with a coupon and the sheets of cling are about that for one 8x11 sheet (plus shipping). There are a ton of different ways to do this, but this seems to work the best for me. This leaves a sticky block, which you can sand, or just add paper :) I used Storybook and vinyl for the letters.
Before
unmounted, adding a layer of glue
Into a cd case

6 comments:

Susan Edwards said...

Oh what a great idea and FABULOUS project!! Thanks for posting.

LiveLaughScrap said...

Beautiful. I had someone send me all of her blocks that she didn't want.
Here is the link to the Christmas Ornaments I made using unmounted stamp blocks.
http://livelaughscrap-leedle.blogspot.com/2009/11/christmas-ornaments.html
Lori

DLSarmywife said...

Oh man I wish I had thought of the Tack it glue when I unmounted all my stamps....And dang it I think I threw away (I know GASP!!!) all the blocks...but that was about 4 years ago! LOL
I LOVE your letter blocks they are fantastic! =D

Jennifer said...

I didn't realize it, but Walmart carries the Aleene's Glue!!! I had bought some at Michael's with a 50% off coupon, but Walmart's everyday price was almost half as much. :)

Donna Lee said...

I have also done this.Have you come up with anything for the wood blocks yet?...ty...Donna

Donna Lee said...

I have also done this.Have you come up with anything for the wood blocks yet?...ty...Donna