Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Altered Clipboard







Heres a quick and fun gift for your favorite teacher...an altered clipboard. Start with a $1 clipboard, paint it with acrylic paint, cover with some designer paper, and add a name and some ribbon and voila (seriously, this is a quick and inexpensive gift that will impress your friends)!



I used Stampin Up! paper, which I attached with my ATG gun (you can also use Modge Podge), added whatever ribbon I could find to match, then cut the name from vinyl (amazing that I had vinyl that was a perfect color match to the paper!). I sanded the edges to get around the corners and for the top piece I just cut out a rectange from the paper, the ribbon hides most of it, and if you've painted the clipboard first, nobody will see its not a perfect fit. This is a gift for my friends birthday :) Hope she likes it, thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Mrs. Van Dyken said...

Your friend LOVES her clipboard (and so do all of my teacher friends - they are jealous)! Thanks!
Mrs. Van Dyken :-)