Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Cheer Stockings for dinner silverware...and more cards


These little stockings are to put on each plate for Christmas dinner.  They are from Christmas cheer, cut at 9 inch.  I did them in DS so that I could get two sides on one 12 x 12 and so I could "hide conture" on the toe and heal lines.  If you want to use my file I will attach it below.  You could do it without ds too, but you might want to use the blackout function or your silverware will come out the heal slit.  I tried stitching them on the first one, but decided that was way too much work for a one night use, so I ended up just using my atg gun around the very edges.  There is enough room for napkin, knife, fork and spoon, and even a little dinner mint in the toe!  I used lucia handwriting for the names (you can cut names, or just print them from the computer), except for the kids, they wanted to write their own names : )
table stockings DS file

And here are a few "quickie" cards....there is glitter on all the little rooftops, even though you can't see it from the photo, and the poinsettia is from Season of Joy, cut at 2 1/4.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow such wonderful stockings and cards....

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [08 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

These cards are beautiful. So simple yet elegant!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Dec. 09, 2010. Thanks again.

bcriminger said...

Love the stocking idea-how darling! Your cards are beautiful as well. Just found you, looking forward to being inspired by your work :)