Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A toybox for Lucy


A few years ago I bought a toybox at a garage sale.  It had a bad green paint job but I liked the shape and size and just knew someday I would need it.   My good friends sister just had a little girl and we decided it was time to fix up that box and make it super cute.  We started by painting it white, then came the vinyl!  I used Storybook font for her name at 8 inches in brown vinyl, then did corner flourishes at 6 inches (also storybook).  Next we did a branch (Straight from the nest, 4.75 inch) and an owl (Storybook, 4.75 inch) for the front.  For the sides we did the deer and squirrel from Cindy Loo (both at 7 inch).  I vinyl I used was cricut brown, quickcutz baby pink, and stampin up pretty in pink (on the deer).   I wish I could find the original photo of the box before painting, its an amazing difference.  I soooo hope Lucy's mommy likes it. 

7 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

OMGosh!!! she is going to love it!! It came out great! What an awesome way to make something old new again, beautiful!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh how very fun!!!!

JustYolie said...

Beautiful!!!

Bobbi Hickman said...

Gorgeous! Simply too cute for words!

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Fabulous! I love the transformation!

Anonymous said...

OH WOW!!!! Just beautiful, I am speechless.
jmam4@comcast.net

Shawnee said...

This came out wonderful! How fun!