Monday, June 18, 2012

Pinwheels in mini sand buckets

Today I dragged out some of the items on the high on the "use it, or get rid of it" list - these little buckets.  They have been moved around my craft room too many times.  Since I'm low on Summer decor around the house, I decided to turn them into little buckets with pinwheels.  I didn't want real sand in the house (it would only be a matter of hours before kids, cat or something knocked it over) so instead I filled the bottom with part of a Styrofoam ball (also on the get rid of or use list), then cut a two inch circle of sandpaper to hot glue over the top.  I stuck the sticks right through the sandpaper and into the Styrofoam so they will stay put.  Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Crystal in Lynden said...

Those are cute!

teachdanz said...

nice job!! you are inspiring me to use my stash:-)

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh Pinwheels are so much fun!