Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cards and a watermelon slice summer banner






My goal for summer is to use up as much of my stash as possible.  I have a horrible habit of picking up things to alter at garage sales,  buying toys and embellishments I don't use, and saving bits of paper to use on small projects.   This is the summer to use them up!  Thursday was finishing a card that has been half done, the cake paper was from a DCWV glittery stack, then I hand doodled around the tag and in the corner to match the cake.  Friday was finishing another card, I embossed some pieces of paper with a woodgrain embossing folder,  but then they just sat for ages so  I made several of these and used up a little pile of flowers and rhinestone brads.  The label is cut on the cricut (home accents, tag, blackout, 1.5 inch).  Saturday was finishing a summer banner.  The triangles were all cut from one 12x12 I had been saving for this since last summer, then I stitched on some ribbon and cut the letters from Plantin Schoolbook (1.5 inch tall ball).  The seeds were done using the little pieces from a  MS border punch (paw print punches and small hearts cut in half also make good seeds).  Sunday is traditionally my scrapbooking day, so maybe I'll use up some paper that I'm sure I've been stashing far too long.   Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Zoey and the furballs said...

Let me know how that plan goes to use up what you have. I've been thinking about that myself because I have enough paper to last me a lifetime. If I don't stop buying every one that looks "cute", I'll soon have enough for several lifetimes.

Sue from Oregon said...

Great projects! I especially love that watermelon banner...very fun!