Thursday, February 18, 2010

My First Vinyl shirt done with the cricut


I have not been doing much crafting this week, instead I'm doing spring cleaning (it may be February, but by the sunshine here it feels like April). However, I thought I'd take a quick break and try out some of the vinyl I bought for shirts. I got the file on another blog last month, but it has since closed down so I can't pass on a link (sorry). This was just a test run, anyone who has done this have suggestions on getting the vinyl from the mat to the shirt? I thought it would be like normal vinyl, but NOOOO, no sticky side for transfer. Help before I do the next one would be greatly appreciated :)

5 comments:

Denise Hill said...

My heat transfer vinyl has a clear "backing". I put that against the mat, cut my item in mirror image, weed it, then lay the clear backing with the image face down on my shirt. I find it super easy-no transfer tape needed! I have a video on my blog if you would like to see it. I did sweatpants for my dd's flute section. :0)

paperscissorsink said...

Thanks Denise, that was perfect, I had my blade too deep...live and learn!

Rebecca said...

Would you be so kind as to share the Vader and Trooper files? Between my friend and I, we have three boys who are OBSESSED with Star Wars.
Thanks!
Rebecca
rebeccaprusak@gmail.com

Lizbrownde said...

Very clever idea. I just started using my cricut and this would be a cute idea for my son. He loves Star Wars. Would you be so kind to send me the trooper and vader files?
Thanks so much.
Liz
lizbrownde@gmail.com

Danielle said...

How did you make these t-shirts with your Cricut? I'm just getting into making t-shirts with my Cricut and it's hard to find information on the vinyl. How where you able to use your own graphic file? Thanks!