Friday, February 12, 2010

Whoo needs a quick Valentines card?



I went to Micheals with the hopes that I could find an Owl-y verse stamp to use on Valentines and I found the perfect set from Hampton Arts. I made these two cards with the owls from StoryBook -and my new stamps. The first one I cut at 4.5 inches, then cut a piece of patterned paper just big enough to fit behind the scalloped frame, mounted to cardstock and then stamped. I added googly eyes and some perfect pearls dots on the scallops. The second one is also from storybook. I did the tall border function at 4 inches and then snipped off the little owl, and cut the main owl at 2 inches. I used some little hearts (punched) to cover the leaves. The last card is just stamped and traditional paper piecing with my new set (for a little boy tuning 5 this weekend). Inside the Vday cards say "I do, thats who!", and inside the Bday card says "hope its a hoot". How cute are those verses! And the whole set was $10 ($6 with my coupon). Now I'm off to work on an owl scrap page!

No comments: