Thursday, April 14, 2011

Altered shutter Spring wall hanging


I found this cute little shutter at the Re-Store for $4 several months ago and have been trying to think what to do with it.  Today I decided it was time to get it up on the wall.  I cleaned it up a bit with just a damp cloth, then added vinyl to the top and bottom (image from Cindy Loo cart).  Then I cut out some words and frames to add to it.  The frames I cut also from Cindy Loo at 4 inch.  I added bling to each one and a nice  Spring-y photo.  They are light enough that I can just attach with a small glue dot, so if I get tired of them or want to use if for a different season, they are easy to take off.  The flowers are just from a small fake stem from Micheals just stuffed in the shutter.  I was going to add a pinwheel or something near the bottom, but its a small shutter so I think I will just leave it for now- don't want to overdue it.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Crystal in Lynden said...

Love the shutter idea. We did get some snow this morning. I went back to sleep for a few minutes and assured myself it was just a dream.

Grannymama said...

Awesome idea....