Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Peep in a nest, and a one-layer challenge


I gave my cricut the day off today but I still have a couple things to share.  The first is some peep nests.  I will admit that while I was laying in bed thinking about this project (am I the only crazy one that even crafts while I sleep?) it was much cuter.  I think the nests need to be bigger to get the look I wanted, but they still turned out pretty cute and the kids still seem to like them.  I made a batch of rice crispy treats and formed scoops of them in some small bowls, pushing the middle down a bit to form a nest.  Once they were formed and cooled, I added a peep and a couple chocolate eggs.  I wrapped them in small cellophane bags and used a cute new tag/punch from Stampin Up and some curling ribbon to finish them.  Peeps, chocolate, and rice crispy treats....does it get any better? 

So I have been following SIMPLICITY for a while now and its gotten me a little bit back to my stamping roots.  Today's challenge was to make a one layer card with an old stamp that hadn't seen ink in a while (I have a lot of those).  So I made this card for my friend who just painted her house yellow.  I did use a stamp that I haven't used in I can't even remember how long.  I also used a brand new stamp -spring is in the air- which was last weeks Wednesday challenge.  So I did two weeks in one!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Jael said...

Very cute. :-)

Dannelle said...

We made nests today too - with chocolate and chow mein noodles:

http://operation40k.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-bird-nests.html