Monday, October 31, 2011

A couple last minute Halloween Cards with Paper Dolls and Pumpkin Carvings


I was in serious need of some card therapy this morning so I thought I'd make a couple kid cards for todays lunch boxes.  The first one is done using paper dolls with the ghost at 5 inch real dial size.  I bought the cutest little stamp this summer that says "May Halloween find you in good spirits" (hahaha) and I was determined to get it inked before the holiday was over.   The second one was done with pumpkin carvings.  So here's a little trick I learned this year (maybe everyone else already figured this out and I'm slow, it took me a year).  Last year I cut the pumpkins on the cart, then cut the faces which are in squares and just glued on the eyes/mouth cutouts.  This year I found that the square cuts last, so I could cut my pumpkin then move the blade to the center, use center cut and then hit the face key I wanted.  It cuts the eyes and mouth, and then I hit cancel before it cuts the square.  You can then just cut a second of the pumpkin in yellow to layer under for light.  I like that method better than putting the eyes/mouth on top because its more "carved out" looking.  It does require you to stand there and watch. 
Last I made a quick stack of thinking of you note cards, no cricut, just wanted to use a piece of pretty designer paper I really liked.  The leaf is colors with glitter paint, so its sparkly in real life :)
Thanks for looking and I hope you all have a SPOOKTACULAR Halloween!

No comments: