Monday, February 27, 2012

Just Because flower card and inspirational banner




Today I want to share two svgs.  I've been playing with making simple flourishes in inkscape and did a card with a flourish-y border.  The card cuts out at about 5.5 by 7, score at 4.25 from the non-flourish side, then mount a piece of contrasting paper 5.5 by 4.25 to inside to show through the holes.  I used the same border to do a scrapbook base (not that I've done the scrap page yet). 
I also finished up a little banner made from 4x4 coasters.  My friend found the little mirrors at Micheals on clearance so this was our way to use them up.  I've been working on some other projects with the new Giant flowers cartridge.   I will say hands down-worst cart I've ever bought.....its really the only one I've bought and been disappointed in.    Hopefully I can get at least one of the flowers done and a project completed  before I throw the cart out the window.   Thanks for looking!


4 comments:

Kraftychick said...

This is a very elegant edge - I just love it! Thanks so much for sharing!

Jackie

Soraya said...

thank you very much for sharing this lovely file!

LEEANN said...

I love the edge on the card. Thanks for sharing the file with us.

Erika said...

The edge to the card is simple yet so elegant. Thanks for sharing your files!