Thursday, July 9, 2009

Matchbox for your cricut



I've noticed a flood of cute little projects lately using the matchbox (probably because of the new SU die which is $43!), so I thought it was time to make a file. The first one I did in DS (these are GEORGE only), using actual matchbox dimensions I found on the Internet. It is really cute but came out tiny......just like a real matchbox (duh). For my next one I made it 2.5 by 3 inches, perfect for one project I have in mind. For my third try I didn't know what size I wanted, so I did it as an SVG for SCAL. This allows me to make it any ol' dimension I want, however I was limited by the 12x12 space because of the lid on the mat, and also it seamed like when I made it different sizes the wrap wasn't quite right. I figure anyone who has invested in a cricut and ds and scal, probably also owns a paper cutter and you probably know how to cut a rectangle so I removed that part. So the SVG is for the bottom portion of the box only, cut any size you like, all the way to gift box size. then just wrap it in a rectangle around it. These come out great if you use double sided designer paper, very sturdy.

18 comments:

projectsgalor said...

These are so cool - THANK YOU for sharing.

Chris Bunch said...

These are darling. Thank you
chris

Snatertje said...

hese are so cool thanks so mutch for sharing.

Hug Linda

scootingranny said...

I did a few of these boxes at a recent SU card making session and really liked it but just couldn't part with the money for the die. Thank you so much for doing this for us...

Anonymous said...

thank you for the fun cut file!! I enjoy subscribing to your blog and seeing all your creative ideas!!
teachdanz

Tanya said...

Thank you for everything you share! Love your blog.

Please check out my blog, I have an award waiting for you!

MaryNSC said...

I cant wait to try it THANK U!!!

TwoAggies said...

So nice, thanks for sharing!!

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing your cut file. These are great can't wait to go play.

craftaddict said...

Thanks for these, love your blog and your creations. TFS
xxxeileen

Anonymous said...

When I try to get this svg file, it appears with a big red X. What am I doing wrong. I would really like the file.
mj
mj_schutz@yahoo.com

P.s. I clicked anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Just me again. I figured it out. I opened the file in Inkscape and fixed it. Thank you for the file. mj

--sme said...

This will be such a useful file! THANK YOU!

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Oh thank you so much, I just got my Cricut and I've wanted a matchbox that I could size, this will be perfect, thank you for sharing your time and talent with us!

Bearylish said...

Thank you for designing this and making it available for everyone.

Maricelle said...

Thank you so much for sharing this file, although I am not sure how to use it in my cricut, but eventually I´ll figure it out. I do have the scal program just havent had time to explore it. Thank you again!

Becca said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have been wanting to make something like this for a valentines gift.

Anonymous said...

very sweet - thanks so much!!!