Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer is almost over, a couple fall cricut cards

Remember me?  That is the longest I've ever gone without posting!  This month I continued to clean up my crafting area, use stuff up or get rid of it.   I sold a lot of things on ebay - I think I had so much stuff that I couldn't find what I did have-the clutter was making my work space un-enjoyable.  I managed to get my collection of "alterables" down to one drawer and my "keep" stamps down to one drawer, greatly reduce the number of ink pads I have, and I have a HUGE pile of crafting books that will be going on ebay.  Ahhh, getting better.  Still have way too much paper and vinyl.
Our summer started out not so good with my son getting hurt - he's OK now - but we had to call an ambulance and he had to stay overnight in the hospital.  I still hear the screaming in my sleep, it was awful.
In his down days after the accident he and his brother did some lovely painting for me and we made a fun (dollar store beach item) mantle display, which I'm about to take down (I'm entering FALL mode, my favorite season).



fresh veggies from our garden






When I wasn't dealing with that I was doing other  projects like building 8 raised beds for my new garden or building a hug chicken coop with my brother for my 19 chickens, 2 roosters and 2 turkeys .  6 of the chickens and one rooster are going to live with a friend soon as I have decided that maybe I don't need quite so many, and the turkeys....well, they are leaving soon too as they are table ready.
The turkeys are the ones by the table - well over 20 lbs each. Still have to paint the trim and add some flashing and faceboards to the roof.  
I'm currently getting about 16 eggs a day!

I am also working on my first rag quilt: Doh, can't find the photo on my card!  Oh well, next time.


basket and apples from doodlecharms
Fall leaves from Give a Hoot and flower shoppe.





So....back to paper crafting.  Today I made a couple of little 4x4 cards with my cricut to attach to food gifts (alot of my friends get eggs these day):

Ok, enough for one post, I'll save some for tomorrow.  

1 comment:

Crystal said...

So good to see your blog up again. Sorry to hear about your little guy getting hurt. Wow, your chicken yard looks great! Aren't those eggs awesome.