Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New pop up flower svg for SCAL


A few weeks ago I bought the Martha Stuart water lily punch.  I just love how the petals popped up within the flower, but the flowers aren't very big.  Don't laugh but I have been struggling since then to figure out how to do the same thing in inkscape without having to do a path exclusion (which just seems to tear my paper and make a mess).  Friday the light bulb finally went on.  So HERE is my first successful one, cut at 3 inches.  The verse is computer generated and the border is from Storybook cut at 2 inch (if cut at 2 inch it is just the right size to go across an A2 card).  For the center of the flower I just used a 1 inch circle, you could also use a button, or just leave it plain.  The card below is done with the water lily punch that was my inspiration (stamp on that one is StampinUp Garden Whimsy set). 

17 comments:

Laura said...

Adorable! Now I'm inspired to go give some pop-ups a try! Thanks!
Laura
http://cricutcard-iologist.blogspot.com

Beth Jacobs said...

love it!! How do I download it if I dont have inkscape? Thanks.

Grannymama said...

For Beth -- u need Sure Cuts A Lot software to import

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Awesome, thanks so much for sharing!~

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing. Great creation!

Nishant said...

Its a Adorable!
post free classified ads

Chrissy said...

Thank you for sharing- I can't wait to give your great lil flower a try!
Chrissy

Unknown said...

This is my first visit to your site. You do a really nice job and thank you for sharing.

7524kes said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Flowers post on May. 19, 2010. Thanks again.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Thanks for your imput on how you choose, I think I am going to raid my photo albums and pick all my fav photos, then whatever I don't wind up using put my photo albums back together since I am going to be taking pics out of order by dates. As for doing a layout if this week is from Thurs to Thurs I will take you up on your challenge. lol unless of course you were kidding..tee hee

Carla said...

I love it - how creative and dimensional! Thanks for sharing your creativity :)

lofquil43 said...

Thank you for sharing. What a beautiful flower.

Unknown said...

I Love this flower! thanks for sharing. any suggestions?? I can't get my cricut to cut it with the popup part...it just cuts out all the pedals. so the flower kinda looks like a paddle wheel...not the look i'm going for :)

paperscissorsink said...

No ideas, sorry, works great for me! Maybe do you have SCAL 1?

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I love both your pop up flower cards and thank you for the svg. In the meantime, I did the water lily for you and will post and send to you. You gave me some inspiration to try the pop up.

Unknown said...

so cute thanks for sharing