Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mixed Media Altered Art Notebook

Simon says stamp and show has a blog challenge going that is "what are you known for?".  My friends and family will say "crafty"-  I am frequently teased about my crafting obsession.   I wanted to make something for the challenge that would incorporate my various crafts - it was also a good excuse to alter a notebook for my current art class.  I used all the things I love to craft with-paints, paper cuts from my silhouette, some stitching, stamping, patterned paper, some fibers, doodling, the only thing that is missing is some sparkle (its rare for me not to add sparkle...maybe I'll have to find a way to put some in).  I also got to use my new cinch - I got it last month for my birthday :)  Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Candy C said...

I really like the cover you've designed and created for your art notebook. Love the letters with the stitching. Love the flowers...so pretty and bright. Love the bits of texture you've added as well. Nicely done! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely cover, the lettering is very striking and your flowers are gorgeous. Great texture. Beautifully crafted. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x