Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cricut Easter Basket


I'm in the Easter mood so today I started making Easter treats for the neighbor kids. I cut the treat boxes with my Cricut Expression using George Basic Shapes, Doodlecharms and Design Software. For the girls I cut flowers and tags at 1 inch, and for the boys, little bunnies and tags at 1 1/2 inches. Bases are made from one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of Close to Cocoa Cardstock (Stampin' UP!). Stamps are from Papertrayink (Easter wishes) and Stampin' up! (for you), bunny is shaded with chalks. They are just the right size to hold two little plastic eggs filled with candy (basket is cut at 4 inches). Fun, fun, fun! The .cut file is attaced below to download.

NOTE: When cutting the basket, it is just the right size for 8 1/2 by 11 paper, but check your placement. I have the file starting at the 2 inch mark - I have less errors that way for some reason. The cut file is for the girl version, tag and flower are in pattern. Change as you need - I changed it a little for the boy. Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Thanks for sharing. Love the basket.

CRodriguez said...

I am a memeber of the cyahoo cricuts group ans saw your link for teh bears,gorgeous and then I saw the Easter basket.

I am new with the cricuts and could not view the .cut file you do graciously posted.

Do I have to have the machine connected to my laptop so I can view?

Thank you in advance for you help!

my email is:
cr587065@email.phoenix.edu

-christine