Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Easter Cards

I haven't been doing a lot of stamping lately and I will say that I've missed it, so I decided to do some Easter cards. I did two styles, the first is an egg card done with Stampin' Up Kind Thoughts (Easter Wishes stamp is Papertrayink). Colors were inspired by some purple and yellow ribbon I bought last year that I've been wanting to use, cardstock colors are Amethyst, So Saffron, and Always artichoke. I would have never put those three together, but I the SU color coach told me it was OK, and sure enough, it worked. The image on the egg is embossed with white EP and colored with SU markers. There is a clear jewel in the center. The egg was cut with my cricut (Doodlecharms, 3").




The other card is Banana and Lilac and image is from Spring Gifts (retired SU). I have had this set for years and never used it. I decided it was time to use it or sell it.....I choose to use it. I recently got a crop-a-dile and now I like to put eyelets EVERYWHERE so there are three flower eyelets on the bottom edge. I made a LOT of these today for friends. It started out following today's sketch challenge on SCS, but I can not follow instructions very well, so it ended up not qualifying (side panel is too small) oh well.....

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

You did a great job!