Monday, February 16, 2009

Dahlia Cricut Cut


I was at Pottery Barn this weekend, drooling over all the pretty things there, and I came across this beautiful white pillow with green dahlia leaves embroidered on it. SO ELEGANT. Someday my kids will be past the age of spilling cocoa on the couch and I will be able to buy pretty things again, until then, I thought I better pass on the pillow and turn it into a card. This is a cricut cut file using Home Accents. The cut file was a bear to make, took me about 2 hours to get all the petals in an orientation that looked nice and would cut good on my very dull blade (gotta get a new one!). BUT, once it was finished I could quickly make a few cards which I am very happy with. I'm sure I will be using this one many times over, which makes the time spent worth it.
Hopefully, somebody else will be able to use it too!

The three samples are:

cut from white, over dark solid
cut from kraft, over patterned paper
cut from patterned, over white

Design Studio .cut file is attached below, enjoy! I will convert later today for SCAL, right now I have to feed the kids :)

Dahlia .cut
SCAL USERS......Here is the SVG for Sure-Cuts-a-Lot:

20 comments:

Snatertje said...

Hi Shirley

thanks for designing this great card and thanks for sharing the file. it realy looks wonderful and elegant.

take care Linda from Holland

Anonymous said...

Love this flower as much as the daisy! TFS
Robin

Leah said...

Ok, trying this again since blogger gave me a fit a bit ago... I wanted to say beautiful cards and thank you so much for sharing.

Marg said...

Lovely .cut file. Thank you for spending the time doing this for us.

Marjorie said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing the file.

Anonymous said...

Shirley,

I copied your flower cut and wanted to thank you for sharing it.

Judy C

Norine said...

wow that looks like alot of work great job very pretty
Hugs
Norine

craftaddict said...

Thanks again for sharing your files. I have Home Accent and SCAL so will try both.
eileen

Anonymous said...

What a great job! Thanks for the .svg!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the work you put in to your cut files, especially this dahlia one. Thanks also for sharing your cut files.

~juli~

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful file!

soraya

chrisashleyburton said...

thanks so much for sharing I was just wondering how you convert cut files to svg?

Marianne said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! It's beautiful!

Linda said...

Oh, my goodness!!! What talent you have! I have downloaded several of your .cut files. I love this Dahlia Card, the trellis topper and the Birthday Cake card. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity.
Linda

Kim said...

Thank you for the file. I'm going to give it a try. It is beautiful.

Unknown said...

I just thought I would thank you for this file. I downloaded it a while back and I've finally used it. You can go here to see it if you like:
http://scrapcationgetaway.blogspot.com/2009/08/dahlia-sympathy-window-card.html

Tamara
tamara_bennett7@hotmail.com

--sme said...

Beautiful design! Thanks!

dmacdo1 said...

You make such beautiful files!! Thank you for all you do!! I was wondering, how do you convert cut files to svg? This is something that I haven't been able to accomplish.
Thank you.

Unknown said...

I too would like to know how to go from .cut to .svg!