Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pressed botanical wall hanging




I was weeding in the yard and found this fern growing under the swing set slide. It was so lacy and pretty, I just had to press some of it. I stuck it between some paper towels and put in my big chemistry books (yup, thousands spend on college chemistry books, and I'm using them to press ferns) and let them dry for a couple days. Then I dug out two 11 x 14 frames, painted one with black and used the glass from both to sandwich the fern. The corner element is cut from cricut Home Accents at 5 inches on black vinyl. It was hard to take a photo because of the glare, but in real life, its very pretty. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Carole N. said...

Oh, this is so pretty and such a great way to decorate.
I think your photo looks great.
Hugs!