Monday, August 10, 2009

Fall Vinyl photo frame decoration




I have been having serious cricut withdrawal. We are in the process of moving furniture around and changing my craft room into my boys room (sniff) so I have not had my cricut hooked up. We ordered new carpet and found out it wouldn't be here for 3 weeks - ahhh- can't go that long so I re-hooked up my cricut. Especially when its raining out, I'm in fall decoration mode. So here's one I did yesterday. I found this ugly little gray frame at a garage sale for a quarter, sprayed it with some brown paint, then cut a piece of dp to 5x7. This is the first time I've used the QuicKutz vinyl. Boy, does it cut easy. I messed up the first couple times so let me share what I learned....blade depth 3, pressure lowest, and stronger and you have a mess (that was try 1, and 2). Also, I had never done little words. Someone on the cricut board said use painters tape -NO! that made a mess (that was try 3), defiantly clear contact paper. After 3 bad trys, I'm happy with it. It was a good practice/learning experience. The verse is down below as a svg. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Carole N. said...

This is so pretty and what a lovely way to make a beautiful decoration for your home....and economical, too.
I love it.
Thanks for sharing the quote file.
Hugs!

Laurie Payton said...

I love this one thanks for sharing: )

--sme said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

So wonderful for fall decorating! Thank you for sharing!