Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Herb pots for my kitchen


Here is just a quick little project.  The pots where from Micheals, they were about $1 each, then I painted them with acrylic (don't forget to seal the inside) and used cut vinyl to write the herb names. I used regular vinyl, which normally comes off when it gets wet, but I made these a week ago and have watered with no problems.  Maybe its the acrylic paint? I don't know, but it works great.  I made a couple of pots with seeds and soil to have on hand for gifts (I just put a scoop of soil in a clear cellophane bag and tied with linen thread).   Fun, quick, and inexpensive...my favorite kind of project!  Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Those are really cute & what a great little gift idea

Teresa said...

I love this idea!! My neighbor grows lots of herbs, this is the perfect gift for her!! THanks, Teresa E.