Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pumpkin Carving glass block tutorial

Here is my second video.  My video skills still need some work, so bare with me.  I tried to edit out the boring parts so the video wouldn't be too long, just couldn't figure that out so the video is 9 minutes - total project time.

One thing I did wrong with this block, I made the lights come out of the top.  With my Christmas ones I had them coming out of the bottom, which I liked better.  Its just personal preference but something to decide before putting the vinyl on.  Also, I normally use 3,3,6 as my settings and the vinyl cuts but backing stays in tact -however I had it on 3,4,6 for the video, oops, which is why it cut all the way though. 

If your looking for the Halloween Mini carts, I got mine at http://www.hallmarkscrapbook.com/ , they are $18.99 each.  I had them on preorder and got them only 2 days after release.  I know its early for Halloween projects, but its killed me to even wait this long to use them. If your looking for vinyl, I buy mine at http://www.hhsignsupply.com/ .

6 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

oh how fun! My grandson would love this. I followed your link to the vinyl...which one do you buy? Too many choices!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

This is way to cute! Love the idea, I may have to lift this one day!

Bee's hive said...

THOSE are ADORABLE! It's never to early to start with it...plus the kids will love it with the decor out early!

Debbie's Dooie's said...

Really , really love this .

Jillian said...

This is such a cute idea! Love it - thanks so much for sharing. I will definitely be making some of these for the fall. And to make it 2 sides to sit in a window is genius! Thank you!

Evan's Eclipse said...

this is a great idea, thank you for sharing it with us.