Saturday, July 31, 2010

Stairstep Halloween card with October31 and Pumpkin Carving

I was camping this week and took along my "to make for Christmas" pile to start planing (yes, I know, its still summer) and I came across a stair step card.  It instantly made me think of the images on the October31 cart (which I had yet to use), so I came home and made a card.  I've made a little video (practice, practice) for those who like to see the step by step, and I've put the DS file below.  You don't need DS to make stair step cards, but I wanted the gate to fit just right, so I had to tweek it a bit.   The starting base is 4.25 by 7.5 inches and scored at  1, 2, 3.25, 4.5, and 6 inch (NOT 5 like I say in the video).  Thanks for looking!




The DS File:
HERE

13 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Whoa!!!! this is awesome, great job!!!!!! Staci

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [01 Aug 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

happy2scrap56 said...

This file opened with an error message.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Halloween post on Aug. 02, 2010. Thanks again.

paperscissorsink said...

Happy2scrap: I just opened it from my other computer and had no problems, so maybe try again? Not sure why its not opening for you, sorry.

happy2scrap56 said...

If you send me an email address, I can send you what I get when opening. I have 2 desktop and a laptop, works on none.
happy2scrap56@yahoo.com

paperscissorsink said...

My address is Paperscissorsinc@comcast.net

send me yours and I'll email the file to you direct - or just stretch the gate so that it is about 4 by 4.75 inches-that will make it so it fits in an a2 envelope.

Bee's hive said...

Your kidding you did that?! Your the bomb! You have to check out my goo I made into an svg....it's perfect for monste...I mean children.
Truly a very cute card, how can you GIVE it away?!

My Inkie Fingers said...

Love the card! Amazing! I have MTC and I am not able to open your download in my program. Any idea as to why? Thanks =)

paperscissorsink said...

This is a DS file, not svg, so it will not work with MTC or SCAL, sorry :(

Jennifer said...

Ooh, I love this!!! :)

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

BawCraftWorx said...

That was awesome! I love the way you darken the edges and color the pumpkins. The whole Idea of the card is fabulous thank you so much. I so have to fire up the cricut now:) I have oct 31st cart, but not pumpkin carving (so I will just use stamps for them instead)You're a genius:)

BawCraftWorx said...

Hello again, Just wanted to show you my take on your card, (yours is WAAAAY better but it was really fun to make). Thank you so much again, for the inspiration and tutorial xo. its on my blog here: http://bawcraftworx.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-take-on-halloween-stair-card.html