Monday, August 2, 2010

Vinyl words on rocks

I can't count how many times the boys have had rocks in their pockets and then I find them clanking around in my dryer.  I can't get too angry, because they get that from me.  I can't go to the beach without grabbing a nice smooth rock (we have rocks here on our beach, not sand).  I grabbed these last week and thought it would be fun to put them in the boys' bathroom.  I used black oracal vinyl and the words were all from Home Accents (sized in DS to fit the rocks).  I think they would be really pretty around a candle too, but until the boys quit playing with paper airplanes, we will avoid candles and stick with seashells.  Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Great idea!!

Stacie (hestiashelper) said...

I LOVE it!! My boys do the SAME thing... I have an entire window sill full of treasures they've dug up for me! What a great way to showplace them! THANKS!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice and very nice idea tfs

Rosie said...

THis is such a great idea! You are so clever. TFS. Rosie

Rosie said...

Great idea. You are so clever! TFS.Rosie

Ketena said...

Very, very cute. I collect shells and rocks. What a perfect combination.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today. You do really nice work. Thanks so much for creating and sharing your svg files. When I tried saving some earlier than May, I got a message in MediaFire that it was marked Private and could only be opened by the owner...were you aware of this? Are they going to be available again anytime soon? I will check back again.

Joanne

Bee's hive said...

What a fantastic idea..Did you trace those on inkscape? I really want to ask you a question on inkscape...since your one of THOSE braniacs?(hee hee)

paperscissorsink said...

Bee- no I have the cartridge. I love scal and think its great for certain things, but I also love the carts because its just easy to have everything in one place and I don't always want to drag my computer to the craft area. Both have their purpose. I have traced when I've made something in ds and then need it a different size as there is no group resize in that silly program, And it does work too :) Thanks for looking!

Kraftychick said...

Super idea - in fact, I'm in the process of making this for my scrapping buddy as a house warming gift for her vacation house in FL. Our scrapbooking group, the Scrappin' Sisters are headed down there next week for a week of doing nothing so I've got to get it done. I couldn't find a shell as big as yours so I'm having to do 2 smaller ones - but that will work too! TFS!

jackie