Saturday, November 13, 2010

Todays Winter cards



There is snow in our forecast!  Time for some snow cards...The first was done with Christmas cheer (snowman at 3.5 inch), and the second I used a snowflake from Christmas solutions cart.  I ran the snowflake through the xyron and covered it in fine glitter - its really sparkly in person. The borders were done with punches (stampin up scallop and Martha Stuart snowflake).   My enabler friend (you know who you are!) alerted me to these boxes of cards at Micheals.  You 50 bases and 50 envelopes per box, with 50% coupon for $5.  I like layers and will cut some of them up so I will only get about 25 cards out of it, but then the layers all coordinate and I'm left with an extra 25 envelopes.  What a great deal!  I bought 2 boxes, one winter and one Christmas, and I'm sure I will be getting some others.   Check it out next time your there with a spare coupon!

6 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

they are adorable & great idea to use them to layer... I eyed them one time I was in Michaels, but decided to pass since I'm not a big card maker...

Zoey and the furballs said...

I love these cards. They are beautiful and thanks for the tip. I'm sure I'll be at Michaels this week to get some.

4kids4 said...

Your cards are lovely...great colors and ribbon! I'm your 450th follower...great blog...congrats to you!! :-)

Lea L. said...

I love how soft and sweet these are! The snowman is darling! ♥♥♥

Dalis said...

the colors are amazing, they are so nice and tranquil. Just love the blue and white combo.

Thanks for playing with us at Cooking With Cricut challenge.

-- dalis
CWC DT

Jennifer said...

Your cards are beautiful!!! :) Thank you for the heads up!! I am so behind on my holiday cards (& my craft room is packed up, because I recently had it painted & had my window treatment installed) and don't know how quickly I'll have access to my equipment, so these would be a great time saver!