Sunday, January 2, 2011

Todays little project - Chair makeover

This is not my normal cricut project, but I thought I would share anyway.  My mother had this chair in her garage in the going, going, going pile.  She's had it forever and it had seen better days-ripped seat and drips of paint all over.  I love the little flower on the back though, so I snagged it and thought I'd fix it up a bit.  I sanded it down - mostly. I left some of the dark on the edges and creases (see photo 2), partly because I was going for a shabby chic-distressed look, and partly because I was sanding outside in the FREEZING cold and wanted to hurry inside to thaw.  Then I put on a layer of Minwax stain and finish.  I tore off the old seat cover only to find another underneath - I guess I wasn't the first one to redo it.  I stapled on the new fabric, screwed the seat back on and POOF - fabulous new chair.  I started about 3 and had it done and back in the house by 6, not to bad.   Thanks for looking!

The edges are left with the old stain
Chair before :

5 comments:

Crystal in Lynden said...

Super nice work! Love it.

Anonymous said...

I love the white accents! The swirls look like snow. The colors are beautiful! Hope all your pages this year are as lovely as this first one!
Happy 2011!
Evelyn

Liz W said...

Awesome job! Love the shabby chic.

Zoey and the furballs said...

What a wonderful transformation!

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful job you did!!! :) And I love that it's been in the family a while...you'll think of your mother when you sit in it!