Friday, March 11, 2011

Picking Apples Scrapbook page



Wow, it's been 10 days since I posted, that's a record for me.  Why?  Because I've been reading a book.  That's why I don't read books, once I start, I can't put it down until I'm finished.  The housework goes undone, kids get away with just about anything, laundry piles up, and I read.  So, it was a good book (Farm City), but today I thought I'd post a new page.  These photos were taken last fall, when both the boys were missing front teeth.  The tree and flourish are from Cindy Loo, the label is from Lacy Labels, the apple from doodlecharms, the A and P are plantain schoolbook (and the rest of the title/journaling I printed).   The paper is from DCWV and SU.  The tree apples blend in a bit with the background paper, but less so in person, and it was really the only color that looked good behind the tree - I tried every color under the sun. 
Yesterday I ran across some photos that are perfect - at least in my head- for some paper I've been hoarding, so hopefully I can get that page done up this weekend too.   I also have a fun little Easter Svg to give away as soon as I can make a card with it...is it too early for Easter?

1 comment:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

great page Shirley! How is the house building coming on the beautiful piece of land?

hugs, Staci