Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Paper 3D Birdhouse

If I move my sons army men he will be very unhappy with me, so they had to stay for the photo

I am so ready for Spring!  We had a light snow again this week and its about 35 degrees out right now.  I'm ready to do planting and finish up my chicken coop but its too cold to go out ,  so I'm bringing the outside in with some fun little birdhouses.  The birdhouse svg is this weeks freebie.  If you make it at imported size you can get it all on one 12x12, but I made mine a bit bigger so that the house alone was as big as I could get on the 12 x 12 mat (don't forget to check the keep proportions box if you enlarge). 

There are already score lines on the house, so to make one, just fold on the score lines and attach the two "wall" pieces together. 

Attach bottom tabs to base (I used liquid glue and then used and stick to hold it down for a second until it dried).   If  you want to add grass or a fake bird, do it now, before the roof goes on.

 Fold roof in half (that is the one score line not there) then fold sides of roof down on score lines and adhere roof to upper tabs.  Decorate as desired.  I ran this roof through a wood grain embossing folder and then did some inking.  I used some fake flowers around the base and ribbon on the front of the roof.  You can look on the last post at the sneak peak cute version that my friend did, she added a flourish, some flowers and some scallops to the roof to make it look like shingles.   Have fun!



PSI_Birdhouse svg


Total side note,   Here is a photo of our new kitty, Annie, basking in a sunny spot on the carpet.  She is only 8 lbs and her who body is about the size of Dasiy's head.  They are getting along quite well so far.  To date : 5 people, one cat, one dog, 2 fish....coming soon...chicks!

6 comments:

teachdanz said...

thanks for the freebie:-) your birdhouse is adorable!! almost as adorable as the army men, kitty and dog!! Have a great day!
http://teachdanz.blogspot.com

Kerri said...

Aww, I love the photo of Annie and Daisy! Too cute. Love your birdhouse (or is it an army barracks? ha) as well. Great job!

Kerri

Moments by Marla said...

The bird house is fabulous!! It looks so sweet with the paper you used. Thank you so much for this file!!!!

Anonymous said...

very sweet - thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your generous spirit! I love the birdhouse!
Evelyn

Dar R said...

I love this, thanks so much :)