Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Cards

 Yesterday was finals for me, so today I am re-couping, relaxing, and making some cards.  This first one I made for Frosted Designs 5th day of Christmas Challenge : 5 things of gold

These are the stamps I used
It has 7 gold brads, the background is stamped in gold ink, the edges are done with a gold leaf pen, and there is a gold cord wrapped with the ribbon.  I liked this one so much I made 6 of them.

The next one was done for Cas-ual Fridays Knotty or Nice Challenge.  The ribbon is in a knot, and I knotted on a bell too!




Doh, I got sidetracked and missed the deadline for this one by a couple hours :(




Next I made two for the Less is More One Layer "in a row" challenge.  My snowflakes are sort of in a row, so hopefully they count.  I used punched snowflakes as masks and then sponged on some blue.  They look sort of blotchy in the photo, but they are quite soft in real life, I liked them so much I made several to send out.  The second entry is a $1 stamp from Micheals I've had for years, its a cutie.  I used a score pal and cuttlebug folder to emboss.


Thanks for looking!  Tomorrow I'm working on gifts!

9 comments:

Sheree said...

Your cards are beautiful! I especially love the pointsettia.. sp striking!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous poinsettia. Love the brads.

Jen Nelson said...

i just love that row of presents

Thanks for joining us

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous cards, love the snowflakes and blue colour.
Hugs from sLOVEnija Tamara

Kathyk said...

Splendid array of cards

Kathyk

BrendaB said...

Wow, all these cards are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

Chrissie said...

I love the row of presents Shirley, Swiss dots is my favourite embossing folder!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful!! Love the poinsettia stamp and the way your card turned out! Thanks for joining us for Day 5 of the 12 Days of Christmas Challenges at Frosted Designs!!

Georgiana said...

All your cards look wonderful. Glad to see you were able to use 5 gold items. I have tried a few challenges (this is one)and hope to tackle a couple more before the deadline.

Happy Holidays,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations