Saturday, December 8, 2012

2013 Matchbook Calendar tutorial and freebie



Time for my annual matchbook calendars.  If you haven't made these before, they make a great little stocking stuffer or something to toss in a card.  I recommend printing the calendar on standard copy paper and using cardstock or double sided designer paper (heavy) for the covers.  In years past I have used my cricut or stamps to decorate the covers, but this year I used some fabulous images from The Graphics Fairy .  I have picked 3 and sized them for covers and set to print on one page (jpg link below).

So here is how you make them....

1: Print you calendars and and covers (print covers on white cardstock if using images provided).


2: Cut calendars to 2 1/4 by 2 1/2.  Be sure to cut so that the months are close to the top and the white emtpy space is at the bottom of each month.












3: Cut your base - if using the ones provided, just cut off the white,  if using other cardstock, cut your paper to 2 1/2 by 6 inch.

4: Score your base at  1/2 inch










5: Fold bottom and staple in your stacked calendar sheets












6: Fold top down to staples and press flat.



Embellish as desired - I have found in years past that ones with pop dots or any raised items on the top don't hold up well in my purse, they catch on things, so if this is for a purse, flat embellishments/stamping does best.  If you'd like to see samples from years past, see my post HERE (2009) , or Here (2011), or Here (2012) Enjoy!

2013 Matchbook Calendar PDF

Matchbook covers


10 comments:

scrapn said...

What a cute & clever idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

Myrna said...

Thank you for sharing this idea. Makes perfect little purse calendars. Especially since my daughter and grand daughter work shift work.
Myrna

Trisha said...

Thank you! This solves a problem for me wonderfully! I need to give small remembrances to some acquaintances. This is perfect, and fast!

~*~Patty S said...

Hello from Karen's Graphic Fairy.
Your matchbook calendars are wonderful!
So pretty and useful too!
oxo

WandaH said...

Thank you for sharing this gift idea. It will make perfect stocking stuffers.

Marg said...

These are so cute. Thank you.

Cheryl said...

These are terrific little items. You did a great tutorial that I will be using soon!

Cheryl

Cheryl said...

What a great tutorial for a great little item! I know I will use this soon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the files. Every year I say I'm going to make these; this may be the year!!

Evelyn

countrychicken said...

So cute! I'll have to try this at lunchtime tomorrow at work...LOL!