Monday, December 3, 2012

Cricut Noel and felt poinsettia Christmas pillows





Last week I went looking for holiday pillows for the living room, but all I could find was tan with colored images, since I have a tan couch I didn't think it would look nice since the tans would be slightly different.  My only choice was to make my own.  I did one with fabric paint ( two posts earlier).  I wanted them all to be different so for my second I made a pottery barn sort of knock off (the PB pillow was white on tan for $50, mine is white on green and only about $5).  I'm sure theirs is much nicer, but..$ yikes.  I cut the poinsettia leaves from craft felt sheets, stitched them on, then stitched jingle bells in the center.  Today I did the 3rd pillow using the NOEL cut on the Noel Christmas cricut cartridge.  It was cut at 10 inch from stampin up fabric (they have 3 fat quarters on sale for 0.99).   I started by putting permanent heat-n-bond on a 12 inch square of fabric, cut my images, then ironed the pieces onto cream colored fabric.  I stitched a 1 inch red border around the cream and did the back in the green, so it used up most of the two fat quarters.    Each pillow took me about 30 minutes - perfect for a daily crafting "fix" -  and I have something I can use for years, I might have to make them for every season!  I'm linking these up with Christmas cheer link party over at Happy Hour Projects, thanks for looking!

5 comments:

teachdanz said...

they turned out great!! thanks for the idea:=)

Judy said...

They look awesome!

scrapn said...

These are really cute! Love the idea!!

Soraya said...

Lovely pillows!

Soraya said...

Lovely pillows!