Sunday, December 23, 2007

Gifts for Teacher and the bus lady....

I was at Micheals one day and they had these nice 3 inch candles on sale for only $1. I'd been wanting to try stamping on candles for ages so I thought I'd pick up a few. They sat on my shelf, untouched for weeks. Then I needed a extra little something for the teachers at my sons preschool so I decided to give it a whirl. I didn't end up stampin, I used preprinted tissue paper -there are such pretty ones this time of year. I had no idea it would be so easy and so much fun. Now I can't stop! If you haven't tried it, TRY IT! For these I cut a piece of the tissue paper that would exactly cover the candle (2 1/2 inches tall by 8 7/8 long) and then followed the basic instructions for candle stamping. I embellished with ribbon and paper (crimped for the lights candle).

For the bus driver I made yet another ornament. I used my cricut again to cut a bus and then I put her bus number on it. I attached it to acetate, rolled it up, and stuffed it into a clear ornament. I added some fake snow for fun.

I'm really done with my Christmas projects now, but maybe I'll make a few more things for stocking stuffers. The Grandparents are here now to play with the kids so they won't miss me if I hide in my stamp room. Maybe just a couple more candles........

No comments: