Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Scallop Punch Ornament


OK, one last ornament posting. My new spring and Valentines day stamps just came, so after this, I'm movin' on to play with those and I'll be sharring those. This one is made from a Stampin' Up! scallop punch and wintergreen paper. In days long past, people did this with circles and used their old Christmas cards-what a great idea for recycling and don't you just hate to get rid of those cards? I am starting a new tradition of doing that each year so I can save a bit from each person that sends me a card. I will still use my scallop punch instead of a circle though, I like the frilly edges :)


To make this ornament, punch your circles/scallops and fold each one so that you make triangles (see photo 2 on where to fold). Next, glue the long sides together using 5 of your triangles, it will form a cone (see photo 3). Now here is an important part....add your string/cord by running it through the tip of the cone and be sure to secure it to the inside with tape. You'll kick yourself if you don't secure it tight because it will come out and then you'll have to sew it on. How do I know? Guess. Do the same thing with the other 5 for the bottom half so you have two cones. Glue them together. If you are using the scallops it is very easy to fold them all and line them up perfect, for circles, you'll have to be a bit more careful to get everything to line up. These are so quick and produce great results, you can use any designer paper or even papers that the kids have colored (another way to save that precious art work!) . Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I am going to have to try this one during my time off. I made some similar to this but not the "triable" effect. Very cute. TFS.
http://stampingwiththeresa.blogspot.com