Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Glass Ornaments





The boys and I are having lots of fun decorating glass ornaments. Andy helped by stuffing a couple with ribbon, nice, simple, and pretty. Carsten helped with glitter ornaments (I love glitter on anything), but I think my favorite one was the ornament we made with the cricut. I started out with the intention of stamping on acetate and putting it in the ornament -if you don't know how, check out the tutorial on SplitcoastStampers by Vicki Maduzia-
but I didn't have the right image. So I decided to get out my new
Joys of the Seasons Cricut cartridge and use something from that.
I cut the angel at 1.5 inches and colored the horn and wings with gold leafing pen. Then I glued her to a piece of acetate that was the same size as the ornament, and stuffed her in. Now she looks like shes floating in there!



No comments: