Monday, July 7, 2008

Visiting the ZOO


This scrap page didn't come out as I'd hoped, but I'll save a red0 for when I'm caught up (when is a scrapper ever caught up?) It was a good chance to use the Lifted photo biggie from Scrapgirls and to finally use my zoobaloo cricket cart for something other than bookmarks. I'm having a hard time with size since I moved to hybrid scrapping. I love the 8 x 8 because I can print at home and because the 12 x 12 books are just too overwhelming - pulling out a 12 x 12 seems like today's equivalent of Grandpa pulling out his box of slides - but with 8 x 8, I feel like I have no room for journaling if I have more than one photo per page. I think the trick will be doing 2 page layouts. I am also having a hard time with layering "papers" so this page has no layers (people for a passion for paper NEED layers). I need to practice to get comfy with that, I also need to sit and scan some of my paper so I have something to layer with. I used real brads and ribbon in this one, I won't be doing that again. The other thing I like about digital is that I can have fake buttons, brads, clips and staples (I use mounting tape for my die cuts for dimension, but they are still not "bumby" like brads and buttons), plus you can match color. It will drive me crazy every time I look at this that the brads are summer yellow and the giraffe is saffron. The photo of the boys in real life is much better, it was really a cute picture of them and makes for a good memory, which is the important part of the page :)

No comments: