Friday, July 18, 2008

Cricut Card Topper 2, Floral Glitter window






This is a simple card topper, but I'm including the pattern anyway-no sense reinventing the wheel. It is from George, although when I cut it also asked for Home Accents - not sure why, maybe my cricut just likes that cartridge - The first card is done with the topper "as is", center stamp is from Stampin Up, and I used crystals in the flower centers, and after stamping the center cutout, I put it on pop dots. The second card I made into a glitter window below, stamps are from Stampin Up and My Favorite Things. It looks faded in the photo, but its quite sparkly in real life. The second page of the pattern includes the frame for the glitter window, which is conveniently they same width as packing tape. If you would like to make the glitter window then here's what ya' need to do:






  1. Delete the inner most rectangle from the first page of the .cut file. It will still cut one rectangle for you to stamp on and then put back. If you are sure of your skills you could eliminate the second rectangle too and stamp directly on the card topper, but I figure its easier to re-cut a new center piece should I have stamping issues, then to re cut the whole thing.

  2. Cut the frame (second page of .cut file) in contrasting color

  3. Lay a piece of packing tape (sticky side UP) on your work space and lay frame on top, trim excess tape (I've made it the same width as standard packing tape to make it easier)

  4. Cover sticky side with fine iridescent glitter -I use Stampin Up dazzling diamonds

  5. Adhere glitter window over your stamped image - VOILA!

Here is the file: flowertopper.cut

2 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

This is such a pretty frame thanks for sharing the file. I love your blog!

Juliex

--sme said...

wowzers, this is beautiful!!!!