Monday, November 3, 2008

Poinsettia Card : SVG for Scal


Finally, I think I might be getting the hang (a little) of this SCAL thing. Today I watched a great tutorial video on Dan's blog: dan99.blogspot.com/ and then gave it a try doing a poinsettia. I did three layers, all cut from white. I painted them with Twinkling H2O's which makes it all sparkly, plus the water made the paper curl a bit for added effect. The edges of each leaf were sponged with black and I used pencle to draw some quick veins. I used glue dots with micro beads in the center. Wanna try? I'm attaching my svg file below, enjoy!

PSI_Poinsettia.svg

12 comments:

alice said...

Awesome poinsettia card!! Any particular type of white paper you used the h2o's on? Thanks ~Alice

Anonymous said...

Thank you Shirley for the pointsettia!

Anonymous said...

that came out beautiful! great work, I too found dan's video helpful, i made a funky christmas tree!

paperscissorsink said...

No special paper, just a pack of cardstock on sale at Micheals - I think 60#. I've used 80# from Stampin Up too with them, it doesn't curl as much, but for this I liked the curling, like a real poinsettia.

Kate's Life said...

Great card! Thanks for the file download- Can't wait to use it!!!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful, Shirley! Good job on following Dan's tutorial.
Carmen

craftaddict said...

Love it, I am making a poinsettia card with DS but I do find SCAL a whole lot better to use and it does not keep stopping.
Thanks for the file

Ramona said...

This is wonderful!!

Patty said...

Your poinsettia card is GORGEOUS! Wow! I am soooo amazed! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! I love it!

holly said...

I really like this poinsettia! The best I've found. Can't get the svg file to download, though. Says it's not available. Looking at previous posts, the tie ahs probably expired! Would you consider re-posting? Thanks

Sharry said...

Just found this link but it is set to private, anyway you would consider sharing. thanks