Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gingerbread House Ornament for Cricut DS

After several days of playing with the design, here is what I have come up with:


I made it with George and Design studio software. It stands about 2.5 inches tall and 1.5 inches wide. It is hollow inside, perfect for some cinnamon stuff- yum! The candy cane and candy are cut at 1 inch on Christmas cheer. I used white puffy paint for frosting, and green puffy paint for gum drops, both of which I covered in dazzling diamonds - I'll cover anything in DD I possibly can

To make yours, use cricut to cut pattern (Due to many requests I am reposting this file. You are welcome to use it for personal use, but it was a design I spent a lot of time on, please do not redistribute or claim it as your own)

I used craft paper, then sponged on some chocolate chip and really rust ink, the sponging made it look more gingerbread-y

Score house at 1.5, 3, 4.5 and 6 inches


Fold tabs and clue in place-this will be obvious one you've cut the pattern.

You will now have a box "bottom" which you can fill with some spices if you like :)

Fold roof in half and insert a knotted ribbon loop through center hole. I also scored along the scallops so they would point down (see photo)-but you could just bend them or leave them, up to you! Decorate roof with white puffy paint and glitter, hang to dry. When dry attach to top tabs on house.

Decorate your house, there is a door on the file, but I ended up just using puffy paints, candy canes (Christmas Cheer, cut at 1 inch) and candies (Christmas Cheer, cut at 1 1/2 inches). I also printed out a date with 11pt font. I tried writing it on and just managed to ruin a house, so unless you have really good penmanship and a steady hand, I'd recommend NOT writing it directly on the house.

Enjoy!

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute, I don't have those cartridges, so I'll have to make it in inkscape. I love your!

Dawn said...

Love this!

Would you mind sharing a cutfile? I need to decorate a tree at school and this would be perfect!

THANKS!

kclukesmom@hotmail.com

Marjorie said...

Neat ornament and you have a great website!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!!!! I have been trying to find a 3D house like that. Any chance you would share the cut file with me also????

Thanks!!

shellytriplek@aol.com

Debbie H said...

OMG, that is so cute, thanks for sharing, can't wait for the cut file!

Deb H

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Wow! This is great!! Thanks for sharing!!

Nicole Boucher said...

Thanks so much for sharing your cut file. This is so cute and I am sure me and my girls can have a ton of fun with this file this year.

Thanks again for sharing your talent with us.

Nicole B

Anonymous said...

That is soooooo cute! I love that idea! I'm going to try to make some for the christmas tree. I love the idea of putting cinnamon sticks inside! How cute!

Thanks for sharing- and in case you did want to know, the word is spelled Potpourri. The "T" is silent but I always remember the spelling by saying it as it looks "Pot - pour - ri".

Thanks again for sharing- it turned out really well!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing!!!
luvmy2girls

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Please share a scal file.....it must be alot of fun to make:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gingerbread house.I downloaded it.TFS the cutfile.

Allison said...

That is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. Will you be sharing the cut file again? I looked at your blog this morning and had seen it with the instructions, but didn't have time to download the file or post comment. So I came back tonight to get it and it was removed. :(

Anonymous said...

Love this gingerbread house. Have downloaded the file and cut thank you very much for sharing. Could do with a bit of help assembling please.
Cath_maddock@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love this! I think I would like an all white sparkly version of this for my tree. If you share the file, I'll try it out. Thanks for posting!

Granny Anne said...

I love this little ornament. How can I get the cut file?

Anonymous said...

This gingerbread house is adorable. Would you mind sharing the cutfile?

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Shirley, I have pm'd you for the .cut file. So cute. I would love to have the .cut if you are sharing.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Wondering if I might beg the cut file? I have a small tabletop tree to decorate for my grandchildren and this would be perfect. TIA
Wendy
apertureartnorcal@comcast.net

PartyMom said...

Love this very adorable gingerbread house. I'm attending a Tree Trimming party this coming Sunday and would like t bring this to add to the tree. Would you please tell me how to open the ".cut' file?

Thanks for sharing,
VHB

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing!

Gwen DeBok
gdebok@sbcglobal.net

Carol's stuff said...

Any chance you are still willing to share this file? I LOVE it and am new to your website. Thanks!
LOVE HUGS AND PRAYERS
Carol

Carol's stuff said...

Sorry- I forgot to leave my email...

Carolbknits@comcast.net

Thanks!
love hugs and prayers
Carol

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Do you still offer the little gingerbread svg file? for the scal? I would love to use these to decorate for a Christmas Tea, I tried the link but said expired. Do still offer it?
Jeanie
jadj2@hughes.net

Anonymous said...

I've made several of your tissue boxes and they are a hit wth everyone who receives one. Are you still sharing your gingerbread ornament file? If so, I'd love to use it for Christmas giving. TIA

RtrGry@netscape.net

Deanna said...

This is awesome! May I have the a copy of the file, too, please?

Christina said...

This is so cute!

Is it still possible to get the file?

Thanks!

Christina
drees.mc@gmail.com