Monday, January 5, 2009

Valentines Day Card, SVG and paper freebie


I can't believe it is the 5th already. I have been spending every spare moment this week either working on my 2008 year in review book (still not done) or reading tutorials on Photoshop. I thought I'd post my first attempt at pattern paper and making an svg in Illustrator. Nothing fancy, but not bad for a first try. The patterned paper is available in dots (I was learning pattern fill) or stripes (I was learning how to make stripes with brushes), the ric rak svg is posted a couple posts down (I cut it in red, then covered it in Dazzling Diamonds) and the Be Mine svg is attached below. If anyone knows some great tutorial sites for changing scanned sketches in svgs, please leave a link in the comments. I have some I'd like to share but I'm having a hard time learning Illustrator well enough to get them from paper to svg. Have a great day!

links expired

2 comments:

Susan Edwards said...

Hi Shirley,
Since you are such an inspiration and your blog is aways so informative, I am sharing the Your Blog is Fabulous award with you.
Please see my blog to copy the photo and to see the details.
Susan http://spartansusscraper.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! Thank you!!!