Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Family Memories book, Cricut DS


I'm taking a couple hours to go scrap with a friend tomorrow so I thought I'd put together a mini book for 2008. This was made using Plantin Schoolbook and Cricut DS, final size is 6 by 11. The "family" and corners on the front are Home Accents (not included in file), and the Memories is a rub on. The pages are done using shadow letters and the final page of the file has the letters for layering, but they could easily be left off. I don't have a BIA (yet) so I used a 12 x 6 inch paper, folded over for my base, then put in some jumbo eyelets to keep it all together and scored the pages so they would all open nicely. I will post the inside photos hopefully tomorrow after my scrap time. The paper is double sided designer paper I got recently at Costco - 300 pages for $30! Such a great deal and I happen to be there on my birthday, so of course I had to buy it!
If you would like to make one, I've attached the file below. Happy New Year!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really lovely. Thank you for sharing your beautiful cut file. Happy New Year!

Tanya said...

Beautiful. I love the colors. You done such a great job, thank you so much for sharing the cut file. Happy New Year!

Marg said...

This is lovely. Thank you for sharing the file.

Snatertje said...

happy new year and thanks for sharing, love the 2008 book.

Take care Linda

SuzanneS said...

Your book is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I love doing things like this for friends and family so I will probably use it for a gift really soon.

Melinda Ford said...

Oh my gosh...I love everything that you do! You have a way of making everything so elegant and beautiful. You're definitely on my bloglist now!!! Thanks for the files. I'm so excited to make some of these things. I wanted to ask you if I could make some scal files out of your cut files...I don't have George.
:( Thanks again!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful is the most deserving word I could think of. You did an amazing job and I can't wait to see the inside.

Jen said...

LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful book for a year of memories to look back on. Great job!
TFS the cut file!
Happy New Year!
Ann

Monica said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Love this, did you get a chance to finish the rest of the pages??

Kim said...

Luv your book!Thanks so much for sharing your cut file...

Jennifer Haas said...

Thanks for sharing. :-) now I think I will start my new years resolution. :-)

BawCraftWorx said...

Thank you so much for making this beautiful book and sharing the file :) Blessings
-Archangel

craftaddict said...

Another lovely idea, thanks for sharing.
eileen

Marjorie said...

I love this book. Thought I may change it also to 2009 and be prepared when I get photos this year! Thanks for sharing.

--sme said...

What an awesome project!!! Thank you for sharing!