Sunday, March 22, 2009

Decorating Easter Eggs with paper



I love Easter eggs, so I thought it would be nice to make some that wouldn't spoil. I started with some foam eggs from the local craft store, some pins, ribbon, and small shapes cut from paper. For three in the photo I used the Stampin Up! three flower punch, for the 4 th I used my cricut and just cut 1/2 inch circles from George (gotta love that autofill function). I tried on my first ones to put small beads on the pins before sticking them in the eggs, I decided after the second one I didn't like that so I actually went back and took them all off (ugh!). It was so much work that I decided the purple one would keep its beads. I found it easiest to start at the middle of the egg and work your way out. If you are adding ribbon you are best off to add that first , you can either pin the ends or simply push them into the foam (see photo below). Brads also work great for sticking in the foam. Its a fun little project and one that will keep from year to year. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness, these are absolutely beautiful!! How long did it take you to put these together? I would love to borrow this idea, I love the concept of having eggs I can pull out every year again and again! :) Thank you for sharing your wonderful idea.

Marjorie said...

What a great job you did. I may have to lift your idea as they look so good. No breaking!!