Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Easter Egg Tri-fold card




I just love Easter eggs, and I just ordered a new stamp set from stampin up that has an "have an egg-cellent Easter" stamp in it...so I needed a card to go with it. This was done with Plantin Schoolbook and doodlecharms (DS). The first time I did this I did it with blue paper (so the blue sky would show through the eggs), then layerd the grass on top, and the eggs in cardstock. The second time I did it in green (so I didn't have to layer grass) then used a white insert and sponged some blue on the top for sky. The third time, I just used white, then sponged on both the grass and the sky and used pattered paper for the eggs. I'm not sure which method is best, just whatever your in the mood for I guess, so all parts are included in the file. Try it every way and see what works best for you. That cute little scalloped oval is also a new punch from Stampin Up - it will be availible April 1st. If you have a hard time keeping it closed (as is often a problem with trifolds), try tucking one or two strands of grass behind the eggs (see second photo) and that should keep it down. Finished size of this card is standard A2 (4.25 by 5.5 inches). Click HERE to see my other Easter projects
Now get crakin' on those cards! hehehe:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work

Anonymous said...

Hi
I would like to have this cut file if you are sharing. I think this is a cute Easter card
Thanks,
Pat
pwells1@hvc.rr.com