Saturday, April 11, 2009

FLY - Scrapbook layout with Pooh Cartridge


Who doesn't love to fly kites? I remember when I was little helping my brother wash his car, in return he took me to the local 5-n-dime store to bought me a kite (and an ice cream cone). I still remember what the kite looked like (and even the flavor of ice cream!). Since then, to me that sound of the kite in the wind gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, and tells me that spring is here.

At the first sign of sun and wind I took the boys kite flying. We didn't have very good luck keeping them up, good thing uncle Bob was there to help us or we wouldn't have got them up at all. It was a short session, but still wonderful.


This is a hybrid page, I did the photos to size in PSE6. For the kite photo I laid a cropped version of the photo over the top of the same photo, then did a stroke and changed the blending mode. The result was a frame within the photo itself. Then I did the journaling in white right on the photo. It was a fun technique I read about in Digital Scrapbooking 3 -a great magazine! The other papers are from Stampin UP, the kite is cut from my new pooh cartridge and the font is Dophins (free, SCAL). Thanks for looking.

No comments: